Saturday, March 21, 2009

Perfect day for walk in the Skye


Sgurr Alasdair



Panoramic of the ridge in fantastic conditions

Absiel on route

Cloud had come in by the time i reached the In Pin


This morning awoke in my bivi next to my car at Glen Brittle carpark on the Isle of Skye to find the cloud had come in so i had a delayed start while i faffed around and waited to see any signs of clearing. After a couple of hours the cloud lifted and i was off up the ridge for some fantastic views and to tick off 2 new Munros at the start i had not done before. As you can see the cloud held for some time until i made it to the Inaccessible Pinnacle, a rock climb that i was defeated by on my last visit due to wet conditions and high winds. By the time i reached it to have another go the light was going and the rock extremely wet. As I was alone and no one knew where i was i chose that it was not wise to continue up past my half way marker again so down climbed and retreated back to my car.

No comments: